What is Academy Soccer?
This is the next stage of the GEA Development Pathway and is led by professional coaches under the guidance of our Academy Director. It builds on the foundations laid in the Junior Academy environment with more of a team structure introduced. Game play is 5 v 5 or 7 v 7 (U8) and 7 v 7 or 9 v 9 (U9-U10) and teams are formed through no cut Academy Clinics. Players are placed on teams, with a professional, licensed coach and register for the entire year (August 2021-May 2022) after Academy Clinics which are held the first week of June.
Expectations of Academy teams:
- 2 practices a week in Fall and Spring seasons
- 1 practice a week in Winter inside the Gretna Sports Complex
- PRE ECNL team players will be provided an additional training session each week through the winter season
- Participation in Nebraska Youth Soccer League in Fall & Spring seasons
- Participation in two local tournaments in the Fall and Spring seasons (not included in registration fee)
- Participation in Futsal during the Winter season (not included in registration fee)
Why Academy Soccer?
GEA Academy soccer is the beginning of the “me and my partner” stage of the development pathway. There is still a high 1 v 1 technical skill focus but we begin to introduce and work on using team mates to combine.
With our PRE-ECNL teams we will build on the above as well as introducing our five pillars of the PRE-ECNL program as the foundation for our player pathway:
- ELITE TRAINING ENVIRONMENT
- TECHNICAL SUPERIORITY
- SPATIAL AWARENESS
- WILL TO WIN
The focus is on individual player development and not on wins/losses. Our goal is to have every player feel comfortable with the ball at their feet. We encourage creativity by creating an environment where players feel safe to make mistakes.
U8/2014 $600 (plus team fees)
U9/2013 $750 (plus team fees)
U10/2012 $750 (plus team fees)
U8-U10 PRE-ECNL $900 (plus team fees)
* TEAM FEES CAN INCLUDE TOURNMENT FEES, ANY ADDITIONAL TRAINING & WINTER FUTSAL LEAGUE
2021-22 Academy Clinics
Academy Clinics for the 2021-22 soccer year is for all players born in 2014, 2013, 2012.
The Clinic is free for all players in these age groups who are interested in playing in the Academy Program. All players will receive a free jersey and will need to register online. Registration for the Academy Clinics will open on May 1, 2021. Players must register online prior to attending.
All sessions will be held at the Gretna Sports Complex located at 10550 S. 222nd St., Gretna, NE 68028.
Boys sessions will take place Tuesday, June 1st and Thursday, June 3rd from 5:30-6:30pm and on Saturday, June 5th from 9:30-10:30am.
Girls sessions will take place Tuesday, June 1st and Thursday, June 3rd from 7-8pm and on Saturday, June 5th from 11am-noon.
We ask that players attend as many sessions as possible.
- There are no tryouts for the Academy Program. The program is open for any interested player. Players are grouped by DOB and then by ability where necessary for training groups and games. If you cannot make it to the Academy Clinics in June, but are interested in your child participating in this Program, please contact our Academy Director, Raphael Martinez, to arrange to attend a session to assess your child.
Contact our Academy Director Raphael Martinez - email@example.com